Published: September 16, 2011
So you’ve learned who some of the top players are in a few conferences, as we roll out our Top 20 Conference Rankings
, now let’s look toward the future.
Who will be the next 20?
Today we rank the 2012 incoming male freshmen most likely to make the grade on a future conference ranking.
We’ll start in the ACC. This is obviously subject to change as new players announce their commitments this season, but based on the information we have now let’s take a stab at which names you’ll find on the ACC list a couple years from now (please don’t hold us to this).
Future ACC Men’s Conference Top 20
- Michael Gamble (Baltimore Bays), Forward, Wake Forest
- Joseph Amon (U17 MNT), Midfielder, North Carolina
- Brian James (Weston FC), Midfielder, Virginia
- Jalen Robinson (DC United) Defender, Wake Forest
- Todd Wharton (Richmond Strikers), Midfielder, Virginia
- Luis Rendon (FC Richmond), Forward, Duke
- Dakota Edwards (Albertson SC) Defender, Maryland
- Dakota Niedermeier (Olney BGC), Goalkeeper, Maryland
- Alexander Olofson (CASL), Midfielder, North Carolina
- Andrew Harris (Baltimore Bays), Goalkeeper, Wake Forest
- Zachary Mathers (Solar SC), Midfielder, Duke
- Alex Kapp (FC Westchester), Goalkeeper, Boston College
- Richard Robinson (Albertson SC), Midfielder, Clemson
- Dan Norris (FC Westchester), Midfielder, Boston College
- Donovan Fraser (Dix Hills SC), Forward, Maryland
- Preston Gayton (Concorde Fire), Midfielder, Clemson
- Jonathan Campbell (Greensboro United), Defender, North Carolina
- Matthew Freeman (Carolina Elite Soccer), Defender, Clemson
- Zachary Rockmore (Albany Blackwatch), Defender, Boston College
- Nicholas Williams (CASL) Defender, North Carolina