I’m not a conspiracy theorist or anything, but when UNC Asheville lost to Syracuse in the NCAA Tournament under tough-luck circumstances Thursday, was I the only one that thought about the Asheville women’s soccer program? (Cut to you nodding.) Oh, I was? (Slinking in my chair) … Well, this is embarrassing.
Still, let me hip you to the eerie similarities here:
- The Asheville basketball team had it’s season ended by No. 1 seed Syracuse
- The Asheville women’s soccer team lost in the Big South championship by one penalty kick to No. 1 seed Radford
Valid point scale: 8.5 out of 10
- Syracuse is in New York, our unofficial nation’s capital
- Radford is in Virginia, near our official nation’s capital
Valid point scale: 5 out of 10
- Syracuse’s veteran head coach: Jim Boeheim
- Radford’s veteran head coach: Ben Sohrabi
Valid point scale: Searching for the point …
- (Running out of steam) Both the Asheville basketball and soccer teams, wear … uh, blue?
Valid point scale: Huh?
ALRIGHT! ALRIGHT! The point (the only point!) is that I feel bad for UNC Asheville, and I just wanted to recognize them in some way. So, shout out to the Bulldogs. Stay strong (insert cool barking sounds).
I guess I should have just said that from the beginning.
Valid point scale: 10 out of 10