You know the drill: if you’re hot, then you’re on this list. If you’re not … you’re still on this list. We’re taking the weekly temperature of soccer and other random stuff. Here we go:
1. North Carolina women. National Champs for the 22nd time. If I were Tar Heels coach Anson Dorrance I’d never go on another recruiting trip. From now on, I’d just text all of my prospects the following message: ‘22’. Nuff said.
2. David Beckham. Becks won another MLS Cup and walked off on his terms. Now he’ll invade a new country, stick his flag in the ground (its symbol is a picture of Posh Spice) and pile up more treasure before moving on.
1. Kat Williams. For his next joke, Kat Williams will become the joke. The standup comedian went on a crazy rant onstage in Oakland where he was arrested a couple weeks ago. Then he went to Seattle where he missed his show altogether, was arrested, kicked out of his hotel and at some point managed to slap a Target employee (the only part I can understand … who hasn’t done that?). Oh, and he now says he’s retiring from comedy. Apparently, it doesn’t leave him enough time to get locked up.
2. Nick Lachey. It’s bad enough that Jessica Simpson’s ex still hasn’t gotten the band back together. Now, he goes and gets himself kicked out of a San Diego Chargers game for fighting with a fan. That Nick Lachey has a hot temper. No wonder they called it 98 degrees (Ok, I realize that’s like standard body temperature but I needed the line for the joke. Let it go).
3. Youth Soccer coach attacked, killed: Soccer has no shortage of violent stories, but this is among the worst.