With the Men’s College Cup just days away, I figured it was time we investigated the site of the tournament, good ol’ Hoover (A.K.A. Who? … er) Alabama. Here are 5 things I know you didn’t know about Hoover.
1. Michael Jordan played his minor league baseball there. This was way back in the 1900s kids, but once upon a time MJ quit basketball for baseball. Of course, he quickly ran back to basketball, but that couldn’t have had anything to do with Hoover. Look how happy he looks in the above pic.
2. Mayor Gary Ivey is the oldest mayor in the history of mayors. That’s actually not true, he’s only 57, but his picture is at least 70. Say hello to him. Doesn’t he look like a nice man? I think he actually doubles as the town’s pastor and blacksmith.
3. Policeman in Hoover ride around on T3 Series vehicles and instead of sirens they play THIS soundtrack. How cool is that? Makes getting pulled over a much more pleasant experience.
See two more cool facts after the jump.
4. Dr. Trent Buchanan lives in Hoover. Never heard of Dr. Buchanan? Well, YouTube has. And he just taught me that I should brush a baby’s gums before they develop teeth, which I never knew. Of course, I don’t have a baby, but I’ll definitely pass it along.
5. There are two Wallmarts in Hoover. That means a whole lot of THIS, BABY!