Happy Friday eye-candy! This is just cool!
Designer M.Willis took 5 American League East MLB teams and designed soccer jerseys based on their current baseball jerseys.
He had some rules that he stuck by:
1. I’m not reinventing club histories, or pretending clubs were soccer teams all along, just translating their brands to the soccer “universe”.
2. I’m not changing logos, colors or visual properties – just trying to play within existing boundaries.
3. I’m using soccer kits – jersey shirts only, really, as this was a quick exercise – as the visual output. One per team, too – no away designs this time.
4. Where I can, I’m making guesses about the identities to fill in blank spots that don’t map easily over to soccer.
5. I’m trying to have fun, and I don’t take this seriously as anything more than palate-cleansing design exercise.
Which non-soccer teams would you like to see TDS design soccer jerseys for? Comment below and we’ll make it happen after the holidays!
See the other four jerseys after the jump.