US Club Soccer’s id2 returns to field
US Club Soccer’s id2 program is one of the most renowned and respected scouting endeavors in the youth soccer games in the United States. The program is credited with being a starting and launching point for many players currently on the U.S. Men’s National Team as well as a few members of the U.S. Women’s National Team.
The Covid-19 pandemic shut down the famous international tour for the id2 in 2020 a week before the 2005 age group was set to depart for England for the event. Since then, the program like many normalities of youth soccer was put on hold. With the new club season, the US Club Soccer id2 program returned for the 2021/2022 campaign.
There have been six events so far this season: Massachusetts, Washington, Minnesota, Hawaii, Northern California, and Southern California. The latest one in Norco, California featured the top 2007 girls and 2008 boys from the region.
I attended the event in Southern California and chatted with US Club Soccer id2 Program Girls Director Tricia Taliaferro about the differences she notices in the players after a season off, the Southern California market, and the benefit of exposing the players to an all-female staff.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: January 17-23
- Tracking Division I coaching changes
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- NYCFC add Homegrown trio, two from ACC
- Boys ECNL National Event FL Preview
- Commitments: A goalkeeper's choice
- Revolution add Noel Buck as Homegrown
- GA announces Champions League details
- Caleb Wiley signs with Atlanta United
- Tracking 2022 departures, HS signings
Club Rankings HQ
- 2022 IMG Academy 150
- 2023 IMG Academy 150
- 2024 IMG Academy 150
- 2025 IMG Academy 150
- 2026 IMG Academy 150
- Regional Rankings
- Position Rankings
- Soccer Masters TeamRank Top 25