DAYTON LOSES TO NATIONAL RUNNERS-UP, 1-0
COLLEGE PARK, Md. – The University of Dayton men’s soccer team allowed a first-half penalty to Maryland, which proved to be the only scoring in the 1-0 defeat to the defending National Runners-Up.
The Flyers and Terps battled through the first half hour of the contest with both teams having a few chances to score, but neither team was able to finish in the opposing third of the field.
Maryland was the first team to strike in the 31st minute when a Dayton foul set up a penalty for the hosts, which Mael Corboz converted for the 1-0 Terrapin lead.
That score would hold until halftime as Dayton went into the locker room looking to make a few adjustments. Overall though the Flyers kept up with the Terps’ tempo and came out of the break on a mission to even the score.
Dayton had a few chances in the second half, but the Flyers were unable to convert.
In the end, UD was unable to match the Terps as they fell to Maryland, 1-0.
Through 90 minutes, the Flyers totaled five shots, three of which were on goal, while goalkeeper Chris Froschauer had to deal with 16 Maryland shots and five shots on goal. There were 26 fouls in the contest and seven yellow cards.
The Flyers (3-3-1) will return home to host in-state foe Ohio State Saturday at 1 p.m. It will be Alumni Day at Baujan Field.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: May 23-29
- Tracking Division I coaching changes
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- ECNL Girls NJ National Event Preview
- YNT ID Center Girls Roster – Detroit 07/08
- NSG rosters announced by ECNL Boys
- Girls Club Standouts: May 21-22
- ECNL Girls announces NJ NSG rosters
- MLS Next Pro is Drawing College Stars
- MLS Next Flex Under-19 Best XI
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s