Defenders make case for 2019 GA class
The search for prospects for the 2019 Generation adidas class has unearthed a plethora of attacking options.
Siad Haji (VCU), Mohammed Kamara (UCLA), Frankie Amaya (UCLA), Manny Perez (NC State) and Griffin Dorsey (Indiana) are all near the top of the list for MLS teams looking to stock next year’s draft class.
But the league’s ability to identify and develop attacking talent from the college ranks makes it a risky venture to make it worth their time with that group. Most project as players in the final third, where MLS continues to inject millions of dollars from overseas additions – not college players.
And while the five players mentioned above are promising prospects, in many ways chasing up-and-coming defenders could prove to yield more professionals that stick. Check out five central defender prospects that have excelled this season that should warrant a long look.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: May 16-22
- Tracking Division I coaching changes
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Big 12 Women's Breakout Players to Know
- Soccer Masters TeamRank Update - Girls
- Commitments: A defender picks for 2023
- MLS Next Flex Under-16 Best XI
- YNT ID Roster - Chicago 06/07
- MLS Next Flex Under-15 Best XI
- Photo Gallery from MLS Next Flex
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s