WEST LONG BRANCH, NJ – The Rider University women’s soccer team fell at Monmouth, 4-0, Saturday afternoon on Hesse Field on The Great Lawn. With the loss, the Broncs fall to 8-4-4 (5-2-2 MAAC), while the Hawks (11-2-2, 9-0-0 MAAC) claim their seventh-straight MAAC Regular Season Championship.
Monmouth scored in the 9th, 24th, 51st and 85th minutes to secure the victory. Sarina Jones scored first, before Maddie Gibson assisted on consecutive goals by Lexie Palladino and Lauren Karabin. Jill Conklin scored the final Monmouth goal.
Quotes & Notes
“Congratulations to Monmouth on winning their seventh MAAC Regular Season. We were hopeful this game would go in our favor, but also knew it was going to be a mountain to climb given the scheduling situation.” – Rider Head Coach Drayson Hounsome
- Monmouth has now won 20-consecutive contests against MAAC competition. The Hawks’ last loss to a MAAC school came on Sept. 16, 2018, against the Broncs on Ben Cohen Field.
- The Hawks now lead the all-time series, 13-4-3.
- With today’s results, the Broncs will be either the No. 3 or No. 4 seed in the MAAC Championships and host a quarterfinal contest.
- Carmen Carbonell (Valencia, Spain/Guadalaviar School), Teresa Richardson (Las Vegas, NV/Bishop Gorman), Cameron Santers (Wayne, NJ/Wayne Hills) and Niamh Cashin (Nottingham, England/All Saints Academy) each played all 90 minutes.
- The Broncs wrap up regular-season play when they play host to Iona on Wednesday night. Kickoff is scheduled for 7 p.m.
Broncs By The Numbers
- Carbonell made six saves in net for the Broncs.
- Monmouth took a 32-0 edge in shots, including a 10-0 advantage in shots on goal.
- The Hawks also took 10 corner kicks, while the Broncs did not attempt a corner.