Top 150 - These players are the best of the best. Each list is organized by graduating class (current freshmen - current seniors) and players are only judged against other players within their graduating class. Each Top 150 list will be updated on a quarterly basis to ensure quality and accuracy.
Please click here for a complete explanation of our rankings process and philosophy.
Regional Rankings - Regional rankings are organized by graduating class. Some regions will have more/less players ranked than others, but we always reserve the right to add players to a particular position ranking.
Position Rankings - Position rankings are organized by graduating class. Some positions will have more/less players ranked than others, but we always reserve the right to add players to a particular position ranking.
Star ratings are based on a player's ability within their graduating class. They are judged against their peers, not players older or younger than them.
- A player who ranks in the highest percentile of his peers and is coveted by coaches and scouts, pro and college alike. Such a player has command of the technical, tactical, mental and physical elements of the game, including the emotional maturity to handle success and be a good team member. These players also possess all the intangibles that make them the best of the best.
- Some of the strongest players who are always among the most exceptional footballers on the field. These players may be progressing toward a 5-star designation, and are still attracting a lot of attention for their considerable abilities on the field. 4-star players are still major difference-makers on the pitch.
- Very good players who, while not as talented as their 4 and 5-star teammates, can make a difference in a match and tend to stand out on the field These players may be less developed in one of the 4 key areas (technical, tactical, physical, mental) however they will still be fairly strong in most of them.
- Talented players who need further development in key areas of the game. 2-star players are often those who are still defining their game. These players can still fulfill specific needs for a team and help provide the glue that every team needs. A 2-star players needs to be scouted further by TopDrawerSoccer.com.
- These players are often just beginning to make their mark. A 1-star player has unrealized potential still being tapped into that could lead to good things down the line. These players may still have a valuable role, both as a developing player and as an established team member. A 1-star players needs to scouted further by TopDrawerSoccer.com.