2018 Boys IMG Academy Top 150 update
The 2018 class is a promising group on the boys club soccer side. There are a number of individual players with bright futures ahead on the national team level as well as a deep pool of talent to supply the collegiate ranks next year.
TopDrawerSoccer updated the rankings for the IMG Academy Top 150 Players of the 2018 boys class on Monday. Among the noteworthy moves on the new rankings, there is a new player at No. 1 on the list. St. Louis Scott Gallagher forward Josh Sargent takes over the top place in the rankings. Sargent, recently, called into a U.S. U20 Men’s National Team camp looks to be a prized prospect in this pool. Christopher Goslin, Ayo Akinola, Andrew Carleton, and Chris Durkin round out the top five in the new rankings.
Over 20 new players have been added to the list as well. U.S. U17 Men’s National Team defender Ethan Bartlow checks in at No. 30 after not appearing in the last update. Bartlow is currently part of the Residency Program in Bradenton, Florida as he fights for a spot on the 2017 CONCACAF Championship roster. FC Dallas forward Brayan Padilla and Louisville commit Haji Abdikadir make the top 40 after not being ranked in the previous updates.
Jommar Reyes and Wilterlynd Inalien, two players who were ranked highly among 2017 graduates, have reclassified as 2018 and jump in the top 60 in this class. Reyes and Inalien replace Jorge Hernandez and Sheldon China who have been moved to the 2019 class. In total, there are over 20 new players in this update.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: February 19-25
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Tracking Division I Coaching Changes
- Top U19s Outside ECNL Girls/GA
- USA-Based Talent at U20 Concacaf Qualifying
- TopDrawerSoccer TeamRank Update - Boys
- 2024 Top 50 MLS Prospects: Nos. 1-10
- Top U17s Outside ECNL Girls/GA
- 2024 Top 50 MLS Prospects: Nos. 11-20
- College Draftees Primed for MLS Impact