2018 Top 50 MLS Prospects: Nos. 21-30
The Wake Forest men's soccer program knows a thing or two about pro development.
While NCAA honors have remained elusive in the NCAA Tournament (with Stanford to thank), the ACC power has recently elevated itself back into the conversation as a premier proving ground for churning out MLS talent.
Two of their most recent stars check in to the latest round of MLS prospects, with Nos. 21-30 available below. One MLS team also happens to dominate this particular chunk of the list.
Need a refresher on the criteria? Get it here.
30. Jose Hernandez – Midfielder – Real Salt Lake
DOB: 4/12/1996 | HT: 5-5 | WT: 145
Part of Real Salt Lake’s youth movement, Jose Hernandez was one of the new Homegrown signings from last year that failed to make a dent on the field. He logged just 160 minutes for RSL, going back and forth to get minutes with the Monarchs in the USL. The playmaking midfielder remains a promising prospect, though like others on the list, he needs to turn the flashes of what he’s shown into consistent, regular performances that force Mike Petke’s hand. A technical player with a clean touch, this upcoming season is a big year. Even if Hernandez doesn’t take a huge step forward, if he can make an impression more often and earn an uptick in minutes, it will be a great sign.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: October 18-24
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Soccer Masters TeamRank Update - Boys
- Women’s Player of the Year: Clear fave?
- DPL National Club Rankings for September
- Commitments: USL Academy star picks
- Women’s Weekend Preview: Pac-12 clash
- GA West Region Showcase: Preview
- U20 WNT candidates in college soccer
- Men’s Weekend Preview: Friday night feast
Club Rankings HQ
- 2021 IMG Academy 150
- 2022 IMG Academy 150
- 2023 IMG Academy 150
- 2024 IMG Academy 150
- 2025 IMG Academy 150
- Regional Rankings
- Position Rankings
- Soccer Masters TeamRank Top 25