MLS Next playoffs to take place in Frisco
Postseason action for the 2020-21 MLS Next youth league will head to Frisco, Texas from June 25-July 3, MLS announced on Wednesday.
MLS NEXT Cup champions will be crown in four age groups (U15, U16, U17, U19). The top 128 teams in the nation will participate in the championship tournament to conclude the ten-month inaugural season.
The playoffs will be a single-elimination competition with 32 teams in each age group. Teams will qualify for playoffs on a points per game basis from their performance in the regular season.
“The MLS NEXT Cup Playoffs will provide more opportunity for clubs to play important matches and our players to further showcase their abilities in front of scouts and coaches," MLS NEXT Technical Director Fred Lipka said in a statement. "This will be the culmination of an exciting season and serve as a celebration of everything our players, coaches, referees and staff achieved over the last year."
Twenty-five matches will be streamed live on MLSsoccer.com with six matches taking place on FC Dallas’ stadium field.
Teams that haven't qualified for the playoffs have the opportunity to compete in showcase games, which will be comprised of three matches in four days.
- Recruiting Roundup: June 13-19
- TDS announces the TDS Winter Showcase
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- IMG Top Club Soccer Players: Girls 2023
- US Youth: Mid-South Conference Best XI
- Gatorade announces Boys HS State PotY
- Soccer Masters TeamRank Update: Girls
- Scouting USL League Two prospects
- GA Talent ID: NE Conference 2004-2008
- US Youth: Frontier Conference Best XI
Club Rankings HQ
- 2021 IMG Academy 150
- 2022 IMG Academy 150
- 2023 IMG Academy 150
- 2024 IMG Academy 150
- Regional Rankings
- Position Rankings
- Soccer Masters TeamRank Top 25