U17 qualifying roster positional breakdown
The U.S. Under-17 Men’s National Team roster dropped this week for the upcoming Concacaf Championship, which begins May 2 for the USA down in Florida.
Coach Raphael Wicky announced a 20-player roster for the competition on Monday, as the U.S. seeks to return to the U17 World Cup, which is set to be hosted in Brazil from October 5-27.
Facing Canada, Barbados and Guatemala in the group stage, it’s hard to know just what to expect from the United States. Wicky’s only been in the job a couple of months, and has just a single camp under his belt. With that in mind, digging deep into each position is somewhat unpredictable until the U.S. takes the field.
Below is a deeper look at each position and who could end up seeing significant minutes.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: July 26-August 2
- 2021 Club Soccer Summer Postseason Coverage
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Maryland star named top NPSL young player
- Boys ECNL crown champions in St. Louis
- SC Blue Heat win UWS in dominant fashion
- Commitments: Another Sounder at Stanford
- College soccer games to watch: Fall 2021
- U.S. Youth Soccer crowns champions
- Commitments: Choosing North Carolina
Club Rankings HQ
- 2021 IMG Academy 150
- 2022 IMG Academy 150
- 2023 IMG Academy 150
- 2024 IMG Academy 150
- 2025 IMG Academy 150
- Regional Rankings
- Position Rankings
- Soccer Masters TeamRank Top 25