“Pink” Panthers Cap Oilers for Fourth Straight Shutout
COLUMBUS, Ohio – Behind a stout defensive effort and second half score by sophomore Megan Augusta (Lyndhurst, OH), Ohio Dominican's women's soccer team picked up its fourth consecutive shutout, defeating Findlay 1-0 at home on Sunday in its annual Pink Day.
The Panthers third straight home victory extends their win streak to a season-best four games to improve to 6-6-2 overall and 4-4-2 in the GLIAC, while Findlay falls to 6-6-1 on the year and 5-4-1 in conference play.
Adorned in pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the Panthers allowed just three shots by the Oilers, all coming in the game's final 10 minutes, to run their opponents' scoreless streak to 397:35 minutes. The last time ODU allowed a goal was back on Oct. 5 when then No. 5 Grand Valley State (Mich.) scored 7:25 into the second half.
Augusta's 11-yard strike at the 56:30 mark from the short right wing off the far post was her fourth score of the year and team-best third game-winner.
The Panthers will look to continue their run towards the conference tournament this Thursday, Oct. 20 as they head north for a 5 p.m. clash at Ashland. ODU shutout the Eagles at home back on Sept. 16 for its first win of the season.
Contact: Bryan Desch
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: May 23-29
- Tracking Division I coaching changes
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Roster for U19 MNT Trip to Spain
- U16 GNT enjoys successful trip to Europe
- On the National Stage with Savannah Sabo
- Commitments: Crucial Late Signing?
- Recruiting Views: Big Name Additions
- Soccer Masters TeamRank Update - Boys
- TDS Girls Regional Rankings: Class of 2022
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s