Cal's Dean inks GA contract with MLS
California junior Christian Dean announced on Twitter on Monday that he has signed his Generation adidas contract and will join the pool for the 2014 MLS SuperDraft. Dean is bypassing his final year of college eligibility to make the early entrance into the top domestic league.
The Golden Bears center back started all 21 games in 2013 while helping the Pac-12 program compile a 14-5-3 record. California’s defense only let in 21 goals during the season while making it to the Elite Eight round of the NCAA tournament.
Dean’s lone goal of his junior campaign came against UCLA when his free kick from over 30 yards out soared into the net on the way to Cal’s 3-2 win in overtime in Westwood.
Dean played as a center back as well in 2012, as the Bears struggled to get on track with a lackluster season that ended with a 8-7-3 record and a 6-1 loss to Stanford on the final day of the regular season. He was a Pac-12 Honorable Mention during his sophomore season.
Prior to his move to center back, Dean was a left back during his freshman season where he started 16 games. After his freshman season, he was invited to a camp with the U.S. U20 Men’s National Team.
The 6-3, 198 pound defender is likely to be one of the first players selected at the 2014 MLS SuperDraft.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: May 23-29
- Tracking Division I coaching changes
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- 2022 Girls IMG Academy Player Rankings
- Commitments: Heading to the ACC
- MLS Next Flex Under-17 Best XI
- Big 12 Women's Breakout Players to Know
- Soccer Masters TeamRank Update - Girls
- Commitments: A defender picks for 2023
- MLS Next Flex Under-16 Best XI
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s