Datyon defeats Liberty 1-0 on the road
DAYTON POWERS TO 1-0 WIN OVER LIBERTY
LYNCHBURG, Va. – The University of Dayton men’s soccer team went on the road Tuesday and picked up a 1-0 victory over Liberty.
The Flyers (3-5-1) defeated the Flames (4-4-1) in the second to last non-conference game of the 2016 season.
- 55th Minute – Dayton 1, Liberty 0 – Freshman Rok Taneski gave Dayton the initial lead with a goal on the assist by sophomore Kennedy Nwabia off a cross sent out wide. Taneski finished to the lower right corner.
- Both teams were evenly matched in the first half, totaling six shots, two on goal each.
- Dayton finished the contest with 12 shots while Liberty totaled 11. The Flyers put five on target and had a 6-5 corner kick advantage.
- Taneski led the team with five shots while Nwabia chipped in three shots.
- Dayton had 15 different players appear in the contest. Six different Flyers had at least one shot attempt.
- Goalkeeper Federico Barrios made his second career start between the posts. He finished with three saves and his first shutout.
- The Flyers will next open Atlantic 10 play on Saturday at 1 p.m. at Massachusetts.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: May 23-29
- Tracking Division I coaching changes
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Roster for U19 MNT Trip to Spain
- U16 GNT enjoys successful trip to Europe
- On the National Stage with Savannah Sabo
- Commitments: Crucial Late Signing?
- Recruiting Views: Big Name Additions
- Soccer Masters TeamRank Update - Boys
- TDS Girls Regional Rankings: Class of 2022
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s