DAYTON WINS LATE TO ADVANCE TO A10 SEMIFINAL
DAVIDSON, N.C. – The University of Dayton men’s soccer team scored the game-winning goal in the 94th minute to defeat Saint Louis 2-1.
The Flyers (8-8-3) upset the top-seeded Billikens (7-8-3) with the decisive overtime goal.
- 78th Minute – Dayton 1, Saint Louis 0 – Junior Nick Hagenkord put Dayton in the lead with a goal off the assist by Frasca. SLU turned the ball over giving Hagenkord a one-on-one before he slotted his shot between the keeper’s legs.
- 89th Minute – Dayton 1, Saint Louis 1 – After a scrum in front of the goal, Akeem Richards scored with a header off the bar that was ruled as going in before the clearance.
- 94th Minute – Dayton 2, Saint Louis 1 – Junior Alvaro Navarro scored the game-winner in the 94th minute with a finish off the headed pass by Hagenkord.
- Navarro scored his first of the tournament and fourth of the season. Lianes got his third assist on the final goal.
- Hagenkord recorded his third goal and second assist on the year.
- The Flyers won despite being outshot in the game 9-7.
- UD was led by Navarro’s three attempts while Hagenkord added two shots.
- Goalkeeper Federico Barrios made some crucial saves, finishing with three.
- Dayton played its seventh overtime game of the season.
- The Flyers advance to the semifinals where they will face the winner of VCU/Massachusetts.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: May 23-29
- Tracking Division I coaching changes
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- MLS Next Pro is Drawing College Stars
- Girls Club Standouts: May 21-22
- MLS Next Flex Under-19 Best XI
- 2022 Girls IMG Academy Player Rankings
- Commitments: Heading to the ACC
- MLS Next Flex Under-17 Best XI
- Big 12 Women's Breakout Players to Know
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s