FLYERS SHUT OUT HOUSTON BAPTIST 2-0 IN SEASON OPENER
DAYTON, Ohio - The University of Dayton men's soccer team (1-3) blanked Houston Baptist (0-4) 2-0 Friday night in the Flyers' home opener at Baujan Field in front of 1,457 fans.
Three sophomores led the way for UD. Abe Keller and Victor Duru both had a goal and assist, and goalkeeper Alec Storm turned in his first career shutout for the University of Dayton. Storm made four saves en route to the blank sheet.
The Flyers had a season high 19 shots, with nine of them finding their way on frame. UD also held the advantage with six corner kicks to the Huskies five.
Keller found the back of the net in the 10th minute, heading a ball into the right side of the net on Duru’s smooth pass from along the end line. It was Keller’s first goal of his collegiate career, after joining the squad this fall.
Duru connected on his first goal of the season in the 29th minute. Duru jammed a loose ball home off of Keller’s touch.
Dayton will host Western Illinois Sunday at 2:30 p.m. in the final game of the Dayton Marriott Classic.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: May 23-29
- Tracking Division I coaching changes
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- ECNL Girls NJ National Event Preview
- YNT ID Center Girls Roster – Detroit 07/08
- NSG rosters announced by ECNL Boys
- Girls Club Standouts: May 21-22
- ECNL Girls announces NJ NSG rosters
- MLS Next Pro is Drawing College Stars
- MLS Next Flex Under-19 Best XI
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s