Grosso, Canada win Olympic Gold
The up-and-coming Canadian standout helped her side win the Olympic final against Sweden, 3-2 on penalty kicks after a 1-1 draw over 120 minutes.
Grosso netted the decisive penalty for Canada in spot kicks, as her attempt was deflected in by the Swedish goalkeeper. A junior at Texas in the fall, she's entered the match as a substitute at the start of the second half.
Former UCLA star Jessie Fleming connected on a penalty kick in the second half for Canada, which tied the game by 1-1 at the time. She was one of several former Division I college players on the field for Canada on the day.
Photo Credit: Canada Soccer
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: June 26-July 3
- Tracking Division I coaching changes
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Jackson named Gatorade Player of the Year
- Playoffs, Showcase Nominations for ECNL
- Top Performers in USL League 2 So Far
- ECNL Girls Playoffs Best XI: Under-16
- Most Fun Teams to Watch at MLS Next Cup
- 2022 Men’s Recruiting Rankings: June
- Girls Academy Playoff, Showcase Stars
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s