Hamilton men fall 1-0 at SUNYIT
SUNY Institute of Technology's Matt Arcidiacono scored in the 32nd minute and Malick Faye made six saves as the Wildcats shut out the Hamilton College Continentals 1-0 in a non-conference game at SUNYIT's Wildcat Field on Sept. 17.
SUNYIT (5-0-1 overall) won its fifth straight game. Diego Montaleza was credited with an assist on Arcidiacono's game-winner.
Hamilton (1-2-1) hasn't scored in its last three games after the Continentals won 2-1 in their opener against SUNY Oswego. Hamilton held a slim 11-9 advantage in shots, and took six corner kicks to the Wildcats' four. Fred Porges '14 started in goal and made one save. Harris Pollack '17 relieved Porges at the start of the second half and stopped two shots. Pollack made his first appearance in goal for the Continentals.
The deciding goal was scored at the 31:39 mark. Montaleza started the play by curling a free kick to the left side of the goal and somehow the ball got behind the defense. Arcidiacono gathered it and let loose a shot that banked off the goalie and into the goal.
Hamilton's last chance at tying the score came in the 79th minute when Jacob Frost '15 put a shot on goal that Faye secured. The Continentals took two corner kicks in the 82nd minute but didn't generate a shot on either chance.
Hamilton travels to Connecticut College for a NESCAC game on Saturday, Sept. 21.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: May 16-22
- Tracking Division I coaching changes
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- MLS Next Flex: U16, U19 teams finish
- Men's DI Internationals to Watch in 2022
- Girls club standouts: May 14-15
- MLS Next: U15s, U17s take center stage
- Final 2022 Boys IMG Academy Player Rankings
- Nemzer wants to build Maryland dynasty
- MLS Next Flex: Massive Day 2
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s