WICHITA – Celia Myers’ goal in the 87th minute erased a 2-1 deficit, and led the Newman women’s soccer team to a 2-2 tie with Northwest Missouri State Saturday afternoon at Wilkins Field.
- Both goalkeepers made three saves in the match.
- Freshman Bianca Torres scored her first collegiate goal in the 42nd minute with a header off a corner kick from junior Megan Hostick, tying the game at 1-1.
- Sophomore Celia Myers netted her fourth goal of the season in the 87th minute to tie the game at 2-2 after receiving a pass from sophomore Lorielle Slates.
- Both teams finished the match with 11 fouls. No cards were issued.
- Myers led the Jets with six shots, four of which were on goal.
- Newman finished the game with a 10-8 shot advantage.
- Northwest Missouri State had a 7-5 corner kick advantage for the match.
- Both teams used five substitutes in the match including Newman’s Slates who assisted Myers for the late game tying goal.
With the tie the Jets now hold a 2-1-1 record. They will return to action Sunday, Sept. 18, traveling to Lindenwood for a 1 p.m. contest.