BALTIMORE, Md., Sept. 22, 2012 -- Loyola (4-3-1) scored three late goals en route to a 4-2 win over visiting James Madison (3-3-1) in men's soccer Saturday evening at Ridley Athletic Complex.
The Greyhounds ended JMU's two-game winning streak while stopping their own two-game losing streak.
With the score tied at 1-1 with under 20 minutes to play, Loyola scored three goals in a span of 6:06. Stephen Dooley netted the first two goals, one at 73:01 and the second at 78:26, and assisted on the third, by Larry Ndjock at 79:07.
Loyola never trailed in the match, taking a 1-0 lead on a goal by Dominic Marshall off a pass from Dooley just 5:01 into the game.
The Dukes tied the game when senior Dale Robins-Bailey (Bollington, England/Tytherington) scored on a header off a corner kick by redshirt senior Christian McLaughlin (Herndon, Va./Herndon) in the 22nd minute.
JMU's second goal came in the closing minutes of the game, with senior Paul Wyatt (Modbury, England/Ivybridge) getting the score on a 10-yard shot. McLaughlin started the play with a corner kick into the box, and sophomore Boyd Reid (Ajax, Ontario/Pickering) passed the ball to Wyatt.
* Loyola - Dominic Marshall scores off a pass from Stephen Dooley. Dooley sends a ball to the right side of the box, where Marshall scores on a sharply-angled shot to the far corner of the goal, 5:01.
* JMU - Dale Robins-Bailey scores on a header from 12 yards out off a corner kick from Christian McLaughlin, 21:12.
* JMU - A left-footed shot by freshman Tom Fouhy (Buckinghamshire, England/Dr. Challoner's) from outside the box is just wide of the goal, 26:14.
* JMU - A shot by Paul Wyatt sails just wide of the goal on the left side, 32:31.
* JMU - A shot by McLaughlin from outside the box is saved by Thurman Van Riper, 60:38.
* JMU - A high free kick by McLaughlin from 22 yards out is saved by Van Riper, 63:58.
* Loyola - Dooley beats JMU redshirt junior goalkeeper Colin Newcity (Harrisonburg, Va./Harrisonburg) one-on-one and scores, 73:01.
* JMU - A shot by sophomore Jonathan Barden (Harrow, England/Park) sails just over the crossbar, 74:33.
* Loyola - Dooley gets a through ball, dribbles toward the goal and hits a ball to the lower right corner from eight yards, 78:26.
* Loyola - Larry Ndjock gets a lead pass from Dooley and gets by Newcity to score on an open net, 79:07.
* JMU - Wyatt controls a ball in the box and scores from 10 yards, 88:03.
* Loyola - A point-blank shot by Diego McQuestion is saved by Newcity, 89:52.
* Paul Wyatt scored his 22nd career goal. He moved from 18th to tied for 17th with Sami Ojala (1998-00) on JMU's career goals list.
* With two assists, Christian McLaughlin's career assist total now stands at 17. He's tied for 19th place on JMU's all-time list, sharing the spot with Brent Bennett (1991-94) and Frank Radics (1984-87).
* JMU saw its winning streak end at two games, while Loyola ended a stretch of two straight losses.
* The four goals given up by the Dukes were the most scored by a JMU opponent since a 4-1 loss at North Carolina on Sept. 13, 2011.
* The Dukes' next game is at home against No. 15/9 (Soccer America/NSCAA) Georgetown on Tuesday, Sept. 25 (7 p.m.).
Shots: JMU 25, Loyola 8
Saves: JMU, Colin Newcity 1 (90:00); Loyola, Thurman Van Riper 3 (90:00)
Corner kicks: JMU 8, Loyola 3
Loyola - Dominic Marshall (Stephen Dooley), 4:57
JMU - Dale Robins-Bailey (Christian McLaughlin), 21:12
Loyola - Dooley (Diego McQuestion, Thurman Van Riper), 71:08
Loyola - Dooley (McQuestion, Larry Ndjock), 78:26
Loyola - Larry Ndjock (Dooley), 79:07
JMU - Paul Wyatt (Boyd Reid, McLaughlin), 88:02.