Lethal first half carries Lady Jackets
NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Jacoby Ziegler knocked in two goals and Hanna Harris registered her third shutout to lead Cedarville to a convincing 4-0 women's soccer victory at defending champion Trevecca Nazarene to open Great Midwest Athletic Conference play.
The Lady Jackets' high-powered offense struck early and often, yet again, to take control. This time it was Hannah Velloney finding the net in the 3rd minute from a corner kick on assists by Jacoby Ziegler and Grace Miorelli.
Kaleigh Rowlands set up Ziegler in the 10th minute with a long volley and chip over the keeper. The two hooked up again in the 31st when Rowlands' corner was flicked in by the sophomore forward for her fifth tally of the young campaign.
Kaitlyn Stiles completed the scoring in the 41st for a 4-0 bulge at the break. CU outshot the Trojans, 8-0, through the first 45 minutes.
TNU recovered with a 7-2 shot advantage in the final period, but was blanked for the third time. Harris was credited with two saves for the contest.
Cedarville improves to 4-1 overall. The Lady Jackets have scored in the 3rd minute or sooner in all four victories this season.
They continue their two-match G-MAC road swing on Saturday at Kentucky Wesleyan with kickoff at 3:30 p.m. EST. Trevecca Nazarene falls to 2-3.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: August 15-21
- 2022 DI College Soccer Preview Content
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- 2022 Women's Division I Preseason Awards
- Twenty-three players called to U16 BNT
- Top Women’s Division I Pro Prospects
- Final 2022 Women's DI Recruiting Ranks
- U17 WNT Roster for Friendlies in Spain
- USA U20s 0-3 Netherlands: Three Thoughts
- Women's College Previews: ASUN to MAAC
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s