Men's DI Preseason Best XI teams announced
After a short offseason, the new men's Division I college campaign is set to kick off on August 26.
As usual, TopDrawerSoccer announces the Preseason Best XI teams, aiming to project the top players in college soccer for the upcoming season.
One of the knock-on effects (in a good way) of players receiving an extra season of elibility is that many players are using it. That's led to a number of returning players from the spring season; along with that, MLS teams built rosters at the start of the year, so very few players left in the summer to turn pro.
The bulk of the Preseason teams hail from the traditional powers, with Indiana, Stanford, Georgetown and Wake Forest well represented. Last year's College Cup squads are as well, including Marshall and Pittsburgh.
Preseason Best XI Teams
Freshman Best XI
GK: Emmanuel Smalios (St. John's)
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: May 16-22
- Tracking Division I coaching changes
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- MLS Next Flex Under-15 Best XI
- Photo Gallery from MLS Next Flex
- TDS Boys Regional Rankings: Class of 2022
- MLS Next Flex: Finishing on Tuesday
- Thompson Sisters Sign NIL Deal With Nike
- MLS Next Flex: U16, U19 teams finish
- Men's DI Internationals to Watch in 2022
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s