WICHITA - The Newman women's soccer team opened Heartland Conference play Thursday night with a 3-0 loss to Dallas Baptist. The Jets were forced to play without four starters in the match due to injuries and a red card suspension.
- DBU's Danielle Presley scored the first goal of the game in the 8th minute and assisted Lea Sedwick on the second goal eight minutes later. She finished the match with eight shots, six of which were on goal, a goal and one assist.
- Sedwick scored her second goal of the match after a penalty kick was awarded in the 87th minute.
- Newman goalkeeper Christina Farid had seven saves in the match and slipped to 2-2-2 on the season.
- The Jets were out-shot 20-6 for the match.
- Freshman Mei-Mei Senthavy led the Jets' offense with three shots, all of which were on goal.
- Dallas Baptist had a 4-1 corner kick advantage for the match.
- Newman played without four starters in the match. Three were out with injury while junior Alli Zingo was serving a one-game suspension for the red card she recieved against Lindenwood.
With the loss the Jets slide to 2-2-2 on the season and 0-1 in Heartland Conference play. They will return to action Saturday at 1 p.m. against nationally ranked St. Edward's at Wilkins Field.