WICHITA- The Newman women's soccer team won 1-0 against East Central Thursday night in a heated match that saw four bookings, including two ejections in the 23rd minute. Freshman Kayla Strong's first collegiate goal, which came in the 28th minute proved to be the game winner.
- Goalkeeper Christina Farid had five saves in the match and improved to 2-1 on the season.
- Sophomore Celia Myers had nine shots in the match, three of which were saved by ECU keeper Natalie Wilson.
- Newman outshot the Tigers 9-4 in the second half and finished with a 12-9 shot advantage in the match.
- Each team took three corner kicks in the match.
- The 1-0 victory was the Jets second straight home win this season.
With the win the Jets inprove to 2-1 on the season while the Tigers fall to 2-1. Newman will be back in action Saturday against Northwest Missouri State. Kickoff is slated for 1 p.m. at Wilkins Field.