WICHITA – A Lorielle Slates goal in the 57th minute erased a 1-0 deficit, and forced a 1-1 tie between the Newman women’s soccer team and Lindenwood Sunday afternoon in St. Charles, Mo.
- Newman keeper Christina Farid had seven saves in the match.
- Freshman Mei-Mei Senthavy led the Jets with six shots, three of which forced saves by the Lindenwood goalkeeper.
- Bailey Cody scored the only goal for the Lions in the 33rd minute to give them the 1-0 lead.
- Slates scored the unassisted game tying goal for the Jets in the 57th minute.
- The Jets were out-shot by Lindenwood 18-16 in the match.
- Newman had a 4-3 corner kick advantage, three of which came in overtime.
- Two cards were issued in the match. Newman junior Alli Zingo received a red card in the 63rd minute while Lindenwood’s Brigitte Bollwerk was given a yellow in the 103rd minute.
- Newman was called for one offsides foul which was the only one in the match.
With the tie the Newman women now hold a 2-1-2 record on the season. They will return to action Thursday, opening Heartland Conference play against Dallas Baptist at 7 p.m. at Wilkins Field.