WICHITA - The Newman women's soccer team improved to 3-2-3 on the season and 1-1-1 in Heartland Conference play Tuesday night in its 3-0 win over Texas-Permian Basin. The Jets scored two first half goals and added a third in the 87th minute for the win.
- Newman (3-2-3, 1-1-1 Heartland) jumped out to an early lead when senior Ashley Ramos headed in her first goal of the season off an Alli Zingo cross in the 12th minute.
- The Jets added their second goal of the first half when Zingo scored an empty net goal in the 26th minute off a blocked Ramos shot.
- Freshman Mei-Mei Senthavy netted the Jets' final goal of the match in the 87th minute with a shot from the top of the box.
- Newman goalkeeper Christina Farid improved to 2-2-3, making four saves in her third shut-out of the season.
- The Jets defense held Texas-Permian Basin (1-8, 0-3 Heartland) without a shot on goal until the second half of play.
- Newman out-shot the Falcons 16-11 in the match with 11 shots going on goal.
- The Jets were called for offsides four times in the match while UTPB had none.
- One red card was given in the match, going to UTPB's Kourtnye Chandler in the 87th minute.
With the win the Jets improve to 3-2-3 on the season and 1-1-1 in Heartland Conference play. They will travel to San Antonio, Texas Friday to take on conference foe St. Mary's at 2 p.m..