No changes slated for Division II athletics
There will be no changes at this point to the schedule in Division II athletics, it was announced on Wednesday.
The Division II advisory committee confirmed that there would be no implementation of any schedule changes at this point in the year. It did however, indicate a wilingness to make changes should they become necessary, in light of the Covid-19 pandemic.
“All of the committees involved in this decision acknowledged the ongoing uncertainty about the spread of COVID-19, and the need for schools and conferences to have flexibility over competitive equity. Different actions and approaches states are taking to address COVID-19 may cause modifications to be made to the playing and practice seasons and the championships if the situation changes,” Sandra Jordan, chancellor of South Carolina Aiken and chair of the Division II Presidents Council, said in a statement. “We will continue to take action in ways that protect the health, safety and well-being of student-athletes, coaches, administrators and spectators, while providing conferences and NCAA member institutions the flexibility they need to navigate successfully in these unprecedented times.”
Schools that deem themselves unable to compete in the season as scheduled will be granted a blanket waiver for the 2020-21 season.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: July 26-August 2
- 2021 Club Soccer Summer Postseason Coverage
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- MLS Youngsters: Pepi catching fire
- Commitments: Making a DII decision
- NPSL announces 2021 regional awards
- Maryland star named top NPSL young player
- Boys ECNL crown champions in St. Louis
- SC Blue Heat win UWS in dominant fashion
- Commitments: Another Sounder at Stanford
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s