In the fourth minute of the second overtime, Cappuzzo took a pass along the right sideline and cut to the middle of the field, while holding off two defenders. The sophomore then unleashed a dipping shot from outside the box that caromed off the left post and into the net to send the Huskies and the Parsons Field faithful into a frenzy.
The win extended Northeastern's home unbeaten streak to 10 straight games (8-0-2) and gave the Huskies their third straight win over BU.
• Sophomore Carly Wilhelm broke a scoreless deadlock in the 64th minute with a composed finish on the left wing. Junior Carina Deandreis started the play with a pretty lofted pass that found the feet of the sophomore outside the BU box. After taking a deft touch toward the goal, Wilhelm looped the ball over the head of BU keeper Alyssa Parisi (nine saves) and inside the right post to give NU the lead.
• The Terriers answered in the 79th minute when McKenna Doyle tapped home a loose ball in the box after Clare Pleuler's initial shot was stopped by NU keeper Nathalie Nidetch.
• Cappuzzo then won the match on a piece of individual brilliance, breaking BU's hearts with a highlight-reel goal to give the Huskies their second OT win of the season.
Stats of the Game
• Cappuzzo scored her second career game-winning goal.
• Northeastern outshot BU, 19-5, and out-cornered the Terriers, 9-1.
• The red-hot Huskies will look for their fifth straight win Sunday when Maine visits Parsons Field for a 1 p.m. contest.