DURHAM, N.H. – Redshirt junior Breeana Koemans scored on the Huskies' 29th shot attempt of the game to give the Northeastern women's soccer team (7-3-0) a well-deserved 1-0 overtime win at New Hampshire (2-5-3) on Sunday at Bremner Field.
In the 102nd minute, freshman Valentina Soares Gache played a square ball across the top of the box to Koemans, who powered a shot into the upper right corner of the net from 25 yards out on the left wing. The strike was Koemans' first collegiate game-winner, while Soares Gache earned her first collegiate point on the helper.
Koemans led all players with seven shot attempts in the match as the Huskies outshot the host Wildcats by a 29-8 margin.
Stats of the Game
• The Huskies placed 12 of their 29 shot attempts on target.
• Both Koemans and sophomore Kayla Cappuzzo registered four shots on goal.
• UNH keeper Mimi Borkan made 11 saves on the day.
• Redshirt sophomore Jill Quinn (two saves) and freshman Nathalie Nidetch combined on the Huskies' third clean-sheet of the season.
• The Huskies open CAA play on Friday, Sept. 25 at Elon at 7 p.m.