HANOVER, N.H. - Senior forward Aly O'Dea's (Irvine, Calif.) goal in the 88th minute was all the Dartmouth women's soccer team needed for a 1-0 win over Ivy League foe Princeton on Saturday at Burnham Field.

With the score tied at 0-0 entering the final minutes of the game, sophomore midfielder Chrissy Lozier (Fairfield, Conn.) flicked the ball into the Princeton box. The Tiger defenders tried to clear the ball and but after a misplay, O'Dea found the ball at her foot and slammed it into the net for her first goal of the season and Dartmouth's first Ivy League victory this season.

The win snapped a three-game skid for the Big Green and gives Dartmouth its fourth consecutive Ivy League home-opening win.

Dartmouth (3-7-0, 1-1-0 Ivy) made the most of its opportunities in the second half and despite being outshot 13-5 for the game and 10-1 in the second half, used smart defense to keep the Tigers at bay. Led by senior goalkeeper Colleen Hogan (Houston, Texas) who made three saves, the Dartmouth defense combined for two team saves.

O'Dea and Lozier, with two shots each, led the Dartmouth offense while sophomore Marina Moschitto (Andover, Mass.) added another shot for the Big Green.

The game was a bit of a tale of two halves. The first half was evenly played and the second half featured an offensive surge from Princeton. The Tigers, who only had three shots in the first half, exploded in the second half for 10 shots including several dangerous chances that the Big Green defense stymied.

Lauren Lazo led the way for Princeton (1-7-1, 0-2-0 Ivy) with five shots while Kristin Watson made one save in 90 minutes of action.

The first half was full of scoring opportunities for both sides. The Tigers had the first chance of the game; after breaking through the Dartmouth backline, they forced Hogan off her line but sent the shot just wide of the net.

From that point on, Dartmouth controlled the offensive side of the ball with several scoring opportunities. Moschitto got things started midway through the half. After getting the ball on her foot from a pass from the outside she went right up the middle of the Princeton defense forcing Watson to come out of the box to make a play on the ball.

The Big Green continued testing the Princeton goalkeeper and had a prime opportunity at the 12:48 mark of the half. Lozier played a long ball out of the right corner that was just inches away from connecting with senor midfielder Ally Dutton's (Granite Bay, Calif.) head but instead Watson came out to make the save. 

Dartmouth had another opportunity as the first half came to a close on another long ball from Lozier. After playing the ball into the box O'Dea had her head in perfect position to put it just past Watson for the score, but Watson got to the ball in just enough time to make the clearance.

Dartmouth continues Ivy League action with a Saturday evening matchup with Yale in New Haven, Conn. The Big Green and Bulldogs are scheduled to kickoff at 5:30 p.m. at Yale's Reese Stadium.