Panthers End In Tie with Oilers
COLUMBUS, Ohio – With key plays by the defense, the Ohio Dominican women's soccer team managed to earn a 1-1 tie against the Findlay Oilers in double overtime on Panther Field.
The Panthers move to 4-3-2 (1-2-1 GLIAC) while the Oilers are now 4-2-1 (1-1-1).
Findlay jumped out to an early 1-0 lead at the 10 minute mark, when Eryn Weber scored her fifth goal of the season off a cross from Katie Burke, who placed the perfect pass onto the eight yard line for Weber to hammer home.
Four minutes later in the half, sophomore Lauren Pratt (West Chester, Ohio) led freshman Kelly Johnson (Berea, Ohio) from the 50 yard line. Johnson zipped a shot in to the bottom left corner of the net for the 1-1 tie.
Neither team could break the tie during regulation, sending the game into overtime, the third for the Panthers this season.
Although the Oilers outshot the Panthers 6-3 over the two overtimes, the Panther defense managed to keep Findlay at bay, ending the game at 1-1.
Findlay held a 16-9 advantage in shots, but ODU had a slight advantage in shots on goal 7-4.
Junior keeper Laura Clark (Lapeer, Mich.) was a big part of helping the Panthers, collecting six saves in goal and making key saves over the course of 110 minutes.
Ohio Dominican will next hit the road on Friday, Oct. 4, traveling to Northwood to start a four game road swing.
Contact: Sarah Twiggs
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: May 16-22
- Tracking Division I coaching changes
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- MLS Next Flex: U16, U19 teams finish
- Men's DI Internationals to Watch in 2022
- Girls club standouts: May 14-15
- MLS Next: U15s, U17s take center stage
- Final 2022 Boys IMG Academy Player Rankings
- Nemzer wants to build Maryland dynasty
- MLS Next Flex: Massive Day 2
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s