SCSU DEFEATS DSU, 2-1
ORANGEBURG, S.C. – On a rainy night at the Oliver C. Dawson Stadium on the campus of South Carolina State University, the Delaware State University women’s soccer team lost, 2-1, to the Bulldogs in a Great West Conference matchup Thursday night.
The Hornets received their lone goal of the night from sophomore Darcy Pelz-Butler (Silver Spring, Md.) in the 60th minute off of a penalty kick. The goal was her second of the season and came off of a yellow card for SCSU’s Kaitlynn Cortez.
SC State got on the scoreboard first off a cross shot from Cassie Rodriguez in the 18th minute.
The two teams remained in a tie until the 78th minute when Cortez scored for the Bulldogs (3-6-3, 2-0-1 GWC).
Freshman goalie Katelyn Koslosky (East Islip, N.Y.), currently ranked fourth in the nation in saves, recorded five saves on the night while junior Kelsey Gibson (Elizabethtown, N.Y.) posted four shots for the Hornets (1-13-2, 0-3-1 GWC), all on goal.
Del State returns home on Thursday, Oct. 21 as they host Utah Valley in their last home game of the season. The Hornets will honor their lone senior, Michelle Giorgilli, on the night.
---DSU WOMEN’S SOCCER---
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: Nov. 29-December 5
- Tracking Division I coaching changes
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Pro prospects in the men’s quarterfinals
- Soccer Masters TeamRank Update - Girls
- Commitments: Shifting to the west
- Key players at the women’s College Cup
- Men’s Division I quarterfinal preview
- MLS Next Fest Preview: First of a kind
- TDS Girls Regional Rankings: Class of 2023
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s