LUBBOCK, Texas – The No. 5-ranked St. Edward’s University women’s soccer team battled Lubbock Christian to a 0-0 draw Thursday in double overtime at the LCU Soccer Field to remain unbeaten this season.
Sophomore goalkeeper Ocoee Wilson was tested early as the Lady Chaps forced a save in the 17’. However, both teams finished the first half with just two shots each.
In the second half, the Hilltoppers forced a save from the Lady Chaps in the 54’. LCU finished the half with a 4-3 advantage in shots but no goals to show. Both overtimes resulted in just four attempts total and one save for each team.
· Wilson is 3-0-2 as a Hilltopper with five shutouts, 20 saves, and over 500 minutes in goal.
· The Steamboat Springs, Colo., native is tied for first in the nation in goals-against average (0.00) and save percentage (1.000).
· Freshman Elianna Chavez appeared in her fifth-career game Thursday.
· Transfer Stephanie Evans has played in five games for a total of 200 minutes as a Hilltopper.
· Senior Gracen Jacks has played over 3700 minutes through 65-career games.
· Senior Viktoria Malmros made her 50th-career appearance Thursday.
· Head Coach Nick Cowell’s career record is 394-120-39 overall and 178-34-18 at St. Edward’s.
· The last time SEU recorded five-straight shutouts was 2016.
STAT OF THE GAME I
551 – The Hilltoppers have not surrendered a goal in 551 minutes of action, dating back to the 63' of the first-round match of the NCAA Tournament in 2016.
STAT OF THE GAME II
8 – St. Edward’s has recorded eight shutouts in its last 10 matches.
Head Coach Nick Cowell on opening the 0-0 draw…
“Today was a strong performance away from home against a talented LCU team. Our team defended resolutely in tough, hot, humid conditions. We had some good looks at goal. Unfortunately, we couldn’t get the ball over the line. We are looking forward to the continued development of this team on Saturday against OC.”
The Hilltoppers travel to Oklahoma City, Okla. Saturday to face Oklahoma Christian at 1 p.m. at Eagle Soccer Field. Live stats will be available at GoHilltoppers.com.
Follow St. Edward’s Women’s Soccer all season long on Twitter and Instagram using the handle @SEUWSoccer.