Temple Ties UCF 1-1
AMBLER, Pa. – Temple men's soccer (2-7-2, 1-1-1) tied UCF (1-5-4, 0-0-3) 1-1 on Wednesday afternoon at Ambler Sports Complex. The Owls and Knights have tied both games against each other in the all-time series that started last year.
Chas Wilson scored the lone goal for the Owls that tied the game up with less than three minutes in regulation. Jared Martinelli put a shot on goal, and Wilson was there to collect the rebound and score from the top of the box for his team-leading third goal of the season.
UCF's Matias Pyysalo put in the first goal in the 44th minute of the first half. Romario Williams put a shot on goal that was stopped by goalkeeper Dan Scheck, but Walker Dawkins got the rebound and passed it over to Pyysalo who was able to get it past Scheck.
Temple's defense stopped UCF"s offense in the overtime periods and didn't allow a single shot. The Owls had five shots of their own, including two on goal, but they weren't able to convert any of their chances.
Martinelli had three shots on goal, while Olli Tynkkynen led the team with six shots.
Scheck stopped four shots in the game for his second tie of the season.
The Owls will stay at home for their next game on Saturday against SMU at 1:00 p.m. Temple tied SMU 1-1 last season on Oct. 9. The Mustangs (5-3-1, 1-0-1) are facing Memphis at home tonight before making the trip to Ambler to face the Owls.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: August 8-14
- 2022 DI College Soccer Preview Content
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- College Players Abound on U20 WC Rosters
- U15 GNT Wins CONCACAF Championship
- U20 World Cup Players to Watch
- DPL Announces New Player ID Platform
- USA Advances to U15 CONCACAF Title Game
- New Men's DI College Coaches to Know
- Recruiting Views: Sun Belt, CAA Adds
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s