Trine Drops Nail-Biter to Capital
ANGOLA, Ind. - The Trine University Men’s Soccer team fell in a close fought battle with the visiting Capital University, by a score of 2-1. This was the second game in the Ketner Classic, and it was a wet one as a steady rain started to fall in the second half.
Senior forward Andre Hilson (Bremen, Ind./Bremen) opened up the scoring in the 48th minute, as he was awarded a penalty kick after a foul by the Crusaders.
The second half saw some controversy when Trine had a goal taken away early in the period. What appeared to be a goal from sophomore Karston Shephard (Plainfield, Ind./Plainfield) was waved off as the ball was ruled out of bounds.
This would give Capital an opportunity to answer back and they did just that with two quick goals both from R.G. Florey in the 60th minute and the 63rd minute. The first was unassisted, while the second was on a penalty kick.
Sophomore goalie Chris Stewart (Rochester Hills, Mich./Rochester) made four saves for the Thunder.
Hilson and junior David Duquette (Wilmington, Ohio/Wilmington) led the team with two shots each.
Trine will be back in action September 8 at 4:30 p.m. hosting Manchester University to finish out the Ketner Classic.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: December 4-10
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Tracking Division I Coaching Changes
- Boys High School A-A Game Star Performers
- MLS NEXT Fest: Day 6 Standouts
- Girls High School A-A Game Star Performers
- College Cup: Men's Final Preview
- IMG Top Club Soccer Players: Girls 2024
- MLS Next Fest: Goal scorers From Day 5
- MLS Next Fest: Day 4 Standouts