Tulsa Drops 3-0 Decision to Saint Louis

September 11, 2018

The Tulsa men’s soccer team dropped a 3-0 decision to Saint Louis on Tuesday night at the Hurricane Soccer and Track Stadium.  TU fell to 3-2-1 on the season, while SLU moved to 2-1-2 overall.


“Saint Louis was well prepared and did a good job of stopping us, and played on the counter and hurt us on the counter a number of times,” Head Coach Tom McIntosh said.  “That is something we have to learn to deal with because there will be a lot of teams that try to stop us and then play the counter.  We also got stale when we couldn’t get the ball into attacking areas, which dropped our intensity.  Then we lose the second ball and then lose the physical battle and it was a spiral effect.”


Devin Boyce went one-on-one with Tulsa goalkeeper Cooper Clark and shot from the left side into the lower right-hand corner to put the Billikens on the board at the 24:09 mark.  SLU added a score in the 65th minute as John Klein shot from 15 yards out on the right side, and then Boyce scored again in the 81st minute for the final 3-0 score.


SLU had an 11-8 lead in shots, including a 6-0 advantage in shots on goal, while both teams had three corner kicks.


Chase Bromstedt and Juan Sanchez each had a team-best two shots for Tulsa.  Clark logged all 90 minutes in goal and picked up three saves.


Tulsa will return to action on Saturday, September 15 against Drake.  Game time is set for 1:00 pm at the Hurricane Stadium.


Scoring Summary

Tulsa       0               0               -                 0

SLU          1               2               -                 3


Individual Scoring

Devin Boyce (SLU) at 24:09 (Andre Rivers-Hardware / Lennart Hein)

John Klein (SLU) at 64:48 (Anthony Brown / Devin Boyce)

Devin Boyce (SLU) at 80:06 (Andre Rivers-Hardware / Patrick Wilkinson)


Goalkeeper Saves

Cooper Clark (Tulsa) – 3

Ty Frederking (SLU) – 0



Trending Videos
IMG Top 150 Rankings
see full ranking:
Boys Girls

College Rankings HQ