Tulsa Overwhelms Nicholls, 7-0
TULSA, Okla. – After playing the Oklahoma Sooners pretty close on Friday night, the Colonels were unable to match that on Sunday afternoon against the Tulsa Golden Hurricane, falling 7-0 at the Hurricane Track and Soccer Complex.
Nicholls (1-3) was held to just two shots in the match from Kristy Tatom and Spencer Valdespino while Tulsa (2-1) had 13 in the first and ten in the second for a total of 23. The Hurricane scored four of their seven goals in the first half, getting the final three in the second in a total of twenty minutes.
Tulsa's Claire Nicholson had three goals to pace the Hurricane, followed by Camille Pelley and Stephanie Aitken's two goals and two assists each.
Amanda Boylson (0-2) had five of Nicholls seven saves in the match, while Tulsa counterpart Katie Bykowski (2-0) was aided by the Tulsa defense in shutting out the Colonels.
The scoring began 54 seconds into the match for Tulsa, getting the first of Pelley's goals with the other coming in the 20th minute. Aitken scored in the seventh minute and again in the 62nd, while Nicholson found the back of the net in the 38th minute, and got back-to-back goals to close out the game in the 70th and 82nd minute.
The Colonels return to action next weekend taking on the Southern Jaguars Friday night in Baton Rouge, while taking on UL Lafayette on Sunday.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: August 2-8
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- 2021 Club Soccer Summer Postseason Coverage
- Transfers to watch in DI women’s season
- Commitments: A goalkeeper's first choice
- 2022 Men’s Recruiting Rankings: August
- Surf Cup recap - Winners + Standouts
- Commitments: Top 150 decision
- Recruiting Views: Continued additions
- Maximizing ID Camp, Showcase experiences
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s