UNH Tops Siena Soccer
Chris Wingate’s 20th minute penalty kick was the difference as New Hampshire defeated Siena Soccer 2-1 in Durham. Senior midfielder David Itoafa scored for the Saints.
All three goals came during an 11 and a half minute span within the first 20 minutes of the match. New Hampshire (2-0) struck first on a marker by Chris Arling from Riley Ellis in the ninth minute.
Siena (1-1) responded in the 16th minute when Itoafa netted the equalizer, but just four minutes thereafter the Wildcats were awarded a penalty kick and Wingate put UNH back on top for good.
New Hampshire held a 20-5 advantage in shots and a 9-4 margin in corners. Junior goalkeeper Aleksa Radosavljevic stopped five shots, and sophomore captain J.C. Obregon put both of his attempts on target for the Saints which entered play ranked 21st nationally in the TopDrawerSoccer Top-25 Poll released earlier in the day.
The Saints will look to bounce back Friday when they return to the Capital Region to host Binghamton at 4:30 p.m.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: January 30-Feb. 5
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Girls Academy League Feb. Player Journal
- Syracuse Forward Signs in Premier League
- Club Soccer Standouts: January 28-29
- TDS Player of the Year Signs With PSG
- Commitments: Staying in Florida
- 2023 Women’s DI Recruiting Ranks: Jan.
- Drew Murray Joins Oakland Roots
- 2023 Men’s DI Recruiting Rankings: Jan.
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s