Women’s Player of the Year race: Oct. 22
In a team sport, identifying individual standouts is always a challenge.
It’s easy to scout the box scores, noting players that light up the score sheet, bagging goals and assists. But those individual successes tend to come from a collective lift in an eleven-a-side game. Even with that in mind, assessing the women’s DI Player of the Year race is even trickier than normal for this year. The clear top team in the country has several players that contribute into success that stems from being a well-drilled and talented side. Several other candidates are there, however, on teams that are enjoying tremendous success.
Who are some of the names to know with one eye on this year’s race for Player of the Year honors? Postseason accomplishments are taken into consideration, and that’s still to come. Check out eight candidates below.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: June 26-July 3
- Tracking Division I coaching changes
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Jackson named Gatorade Player of the Year
- Playoffs, Showcase Nominations for ECNL
- Top Performers in USL League 2 So Far
- ECNL Girls Playoffs Best XI: Under-16
- Most Fun Teams to Watch at MLS Next Cup
- 2022 Men’s Recruiting Rankings: June
- Girls Academy Playoff, Showcase Stars
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s