Players, through coaches recommendations and TopDrawerSoccer staff observations, will be added each week to the list as performances warrant. The only players that will be removed from the list will be athletes who are no longer playing high school soccer or sustain a season-ending injury that will take them out of all-state consideration.
Here are recent performances and updates from players on the TeamSnap All-America Watch Lists:
* Josiah Ash, Mount Carmel (Ill.), Jr., F/D: Ash scored 39 goals and dealt out 20 assists, helping Mount Carmel to a state runner-up finish. He was selected the Daily Southtown Player of the Year. Ash was a standout performer at the Gateway City Soccer Classic in St. Louis in late September. Ash credited his standout high school performance to his stint with the Chicago Fire Academy U15s last summer.
* Jonathan Blaine, [Northwestern Lehigh pa-m] (Pa.), Sr., D: The 6-foot-3, Lehigh-bound defender helped Northwestern to a 24-1-1 season and a state runner-up finish. Blaine recently was named the Allentown Morning Call Player of the Year. He scored eight goals as a senior, and the past two years Northwestern has gone 48-3-1. Blaine plays club soccer for Lehigh Valley United.
* Juan Louis, Washburn (Minn.), Sr., F: Louis was named Class 2A Mr. Soccer in Minnesota after a 26-goal, 13-assist season. He was an all-state performer as both a junior and senior. He competed in the High School All-American Game in early December, in Raleigh, N.C.
* Andric McGill, [McPherson ks-m] (Kan.), Sr., F: McGill’s 36-goal senior season gave him 101 career goals, which the Kansas High School Soccer Coaches Association has confirmed as a career state record. He picked up local player of the year honors as well as the Class 4A state offensive player of the year award.
* Chandler Shirley, Northwest Rankin (Miss.), Sr., F: Shirley, a UAB commit, has more than 30 career goals at Northwest Rankin, but perhaps none bigger than his strike early in Northwest Rankin's clash with St. Paul's (La.). Shirley scored just minutes into the match of what became a 2-0 win for Mississippi's top-ranked team over Louisiana's top-ranked program.