Dallas Cup includes many Players To Watch
In a tournament featuring nearly 200 teams across seven age brackets, there are going to be a large number of talented players to take in, but we’ve pinpointed ten names to follow at Dallas Cup XXXII
- Julian Griggs – DC United U18 USSF Development Academy – Julian is a very talented forward in DC United’s youth setup. He’s our #93 overall forward and is tied for the team lead in goals with 4 goals from 14 Development Academy games this season. Julian will be playing his soccer at Princeton in the fall.
- Eddosa Muhammed – Shattuck-St. Mary’s – Eddie is a fantastic forward with a great scoring record. With 7 goals from 11 Development Academy games (with only 5 starts), he’s got a nose for goal that Shattuck will need. The team from Minnesota has been placed in an extremely tough group in their U17 age bracket with IMG Academy, Andromeda and Prepa Tec FB from Mexico.
- Dustin CoreaBryan Celis – Houston Dynamo U18 Academy – Our #34 overall ranked player from the 2012 class, Celis is a guy who has been on the radar of the youth national team for awhile. An attack-minded central midfielder, Celis will be playing up a couple of years in the Super Group for Houston and will be looking to impress both college coaches and international scouts.
- Aaron Simmons – Dallas Texans U18 Academy - Aaron, our #38 overall ranked player of the 2011 class, will be a major part of the Dallas Texans during Dallas Cup. Playing a key role in the Texas midfield, Texans will need Simmons at his best from the beginning as Dallas opens up against English giants Arsenal FC
- Samuel Hayward – Solar Chelsea FC U16 Academy – Hayward is a big, strong forward with good feet and an excellent nose for goal. Paired with Alfred Koroma at forward, Hayward is often the forgotten man as teams focus on Koroma, but Hayward is someone who teams can’t forget about with six goals on the season.
- Cole Nagy – Real Salt Lake AZ – Cole, a big forward who has spent time with both the US and Canadian U17 national teams, heads to Dallas Cup looking to make his mark on the super group. He’s our #28 overall rated player and will be looking to wow college or professional coaches.
- Boyd Okwuonu – FC Dallas U18 Academy – Okwuonu, from the Oklahoma City area, has been a rock at central defense for FC Dallas this year and will be central to any success that Dallas wants to have in a group with Spanish power Barcelona.
- Dustin Corea – IMG U18 Academy – Corea is about as polarizing figure as you’re going to find in youth circles, but his talent is undeniable. A quick Google search will reveal the amazing path that Corea has been on and he’s on IMG’s roster at Dallas Cup looking to impress college coaches.
- Luis Gil – Real Salt Lake – Gil turned down Arsenal to sign with MLS and the wonderkid is joining RSL-AZ for the Dallas Cup. At just 17 years old, Gil made his MLS debut for Real Salt Lake just a couple of weeks ago. Luis is a fantastically gifted offensive midfielder and will get his chance to show off right away against Tigres on Sunday at Pizza Hut Park in Frisco.
We know that’s just 9. Who would you recommend as the 10th player.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: October 25-31
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- ECNL adds National Selection games
- Men’s DI tourney projection: Who is in?
- Girls Academy - West Regional Gallery
- Club Soccer Standouts: Oct. 23-24
- Commitments: Engineering a choice
- Latest women's DI tourney projection
- Men’s Team of the Week: O'Toole the hero
- Commitments: From Ohio to Pennsylvania
Club Rankings HQ
- 2021 IMG Academy 150
- 2022 IMG Academy 150
- 2023 IMG Academy 150
- 2024 IMG Academy 150
- 2025 IMG Academy 150
- Regional Rankings
- Position Rankings
- Soccer Masters TeamRank Top 25