Billy Schuler signs with Hammarby
January 4, 2012
Report: Billy Schuler signs with Hammarby IF
According to media outlet Footballsexpressen.se, UNC midfielder Billy Schuler is set to sign with Swedish club Hammarby IF following a physical this week.
Schuler finished his college career with 29 goals and 15 assists in 73 games at Chapel Hill. In his final season, he notched a career best eight game-winners while leading the Tar Heels to their first national championship in ten years.
Billy SchulerThe midfielder is ranked as the second best professional prospect for underclassmen according to Joe's Big Board. He also finished the season as the fourth best player among all non-freshmen on TopDrawerSoccer.com's Top 100.
Hammarby holds notoriety for American fans as the first professional club for U.S. international Charlie Davies and is currently coached by former Galaxy defender Gregg Berhalter.
Schuler would join ex-Chicago Fire midfielder (and Sockers FC youth player) Baggio Husidic as the other former American college player on the roster.
Hammarby plays in the Superettan, which is the second flight in Sweden, after being relegated in 2010. The 2012 Swedish season begins in February.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: October 18-24
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- YNT Regional ID roster - Atlanta 07
- Men’s tourney projection: Second look
- YNT Regional ID roster - Atlanta 06
- Commitments: Defensive addition for 2022
- Latest women's DI projected bracket
- Men’s Team of the Week: SoCon star
- Club Soccer Standouts: Oct. 16-17
- NC State GK named Player of the Week
IMG Top 150 Rankings
Club Rankings HQ
- 2021 IMG Academy 150
- 2022 IMG Academy 150
- 2023 IMG Academy 150
- 2024 IMG Academy 150
- 2025 IMG Academy 150
- Regional Rankings
- Position Rankings
- Soccer Masters TeamRank Top 25