U.S. YNT defender signs in Belgium
U.S. youth national team veteran Mauricio Cuevas announced on Twitter that he joined Belgian side Club Brugge.
Cuevas, 18 years old, made 21 appearances for LA Galaxy II (Los Dos) at the USL Championship level over the past two seasons. LA Galaxy II announced in December that Cuevas was out of contract and would not return to the club for the 2022 campaign.
The right back is one of the top prospects from the 2003 age group. He was rated among some of the top talent in the world, according to CIES Football Observatory, early in 2021.
Along with being a standout defender, Cuevas is one of the best deadball marksmen among the U.S. Youth National Team pool. Born in 2003, he is eligible for the U20 Men’s National Team squad, which will be competing at the 2022 Concacaf U20 Men’s Championship in August.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: January 10-16
- Tracking Division I coaching changes
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Top MLS Homegrown Prospect at every club
- US U17 MNT roster for camp in Florida
- RSL signs youngest player in MLS history
- Patrick Bohui signs with Danish club
- Can any 2022 draftees make the USMNT?
- USYNT midfielder signs with Birmingham
- Canadian draftees eye up MLS chance
Club Rankings HQ
- 2022 IMG Academy 150
- 2023 IMG Academy 150
- 2024 IMG Academy 150
- 2025 IMG Academy 150
- 2026 IMG Academy 150
- Regional Rankings
- Position Rankings
- Soccer Masters TeamRank Top 25