MLS is Back: Young prospects to watch Pt. 1
The MLS is Back tournament is slated to kick off this week. Barring a last-minute decision to shutter the tournament, the bulk of the 26 MLS franchises are entrenched in the bubble for the next month.
The coming weeks offers a chance for younger players to make an impression on their respective coaches. It’s not going to be easy; veterans are likely to factor more significantly with a Concacaf Champions League spot available to the winners along with $1.1 million in prize money.
Of course, whether or not the tournament actually takes place could change on what happens over the next few days, considering the fact several FC Dallas players have tested positive.
Young, domestic players have a big chance to make a statement in the coming weeks, provided the tournament goes ahead. Below is a look at one domestic player to watch per each MLS franchise, under the age of 23.
This is part one of a three-article series.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: October 25-31
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Hoyas back at No. 1 in Men's Top 25 update
- Commitments: Pac-12 choice for 2023
- 2022 Generation adidas prospects
- TDS Women's Division I Top 25: New No. 1
- U20 WNT candidates in college soccer
- Soccer Masters TeamRank Update - Boys
- Conquering Resistance to Change
- Women’s Player of the Year: Clear fave?
Club Rankings HQ
- 2021 IMG Academy 150
- 2022 IMG Academy 150
- 2023 IMG Academy 150
- 2024 IMG Academy 150
- 2025 IMG Academy 150
- Regional Rankings
- Position Rankings
- Soccer Masters TeamRank Top 25