Tsakiris joins San Jose on Homegrown deal
Midfielder Nikolas Tsakiris has signed a Homegrown contract with the San Jose Earthquakes, the franchise announced last week.
Sitting at No. 26 in the 2024 Boys IMG Academy player rankings, the 16-year-old has been called into U.S. youth national team camps at the U15 age group.
“Niko is an incredibly promising young player that we integrated into First Team training sessions throughout the 2021 season in preparation for this opportunity,” Earthquakes General Manager Chris Leitch said in a press release. “We’ve always been impressed by his soccer intelligence and technical skill as an attacking player and have a development plan in place to help him reach his potential in San Jose. I’d like to thank his parents Shaun and Nyssa for their support throughout this process.”
Prior to joining the Earthquakes Academy, Tsakiris played at De Anza Force and IMG Academy. His contract runs through the 2025 season.
This kid's got SKILL 🔥— San Jose Earthquakes (@SJEarthquakes) January 14, 2022
Repping Saratoga on the big stage. pic.twitter.com/ne7eG8rNl8
“I’m thankful for the opportunity and humbled by it,” Tsakiris said in a press release. “I’m looking forward to being a part of this group and growing along with the team. I can’t wait to get started.”
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: January 17-23
- Tracking Division I coaching changes
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- NYCFC add Homegrown trio, two from ACC
- Boys ECNL National Event FL Preview
- Commitments: A goalkeeper's choice
- Revolution add Noel Buck as Homegrown
- GA announces Champions League details
- Caleb Wiley signs with Atlanta United
- Tracking 2022 departures, HS signings
Club Rankings HQ
- 2022 IMG Academy 150
- 2023 IMG Academy 150
- 2024 IMG Academy 150
- 2025 IMG Academy 150
- 2026 IMG Academy 150
- Regional Rankings
- Position Rankings
- Soccer Masters TeamRank Top 25