USL: Amateur players in the Championship
Perhaps the most interesting element of the USL Championship within the context of development is the amateur contract young players can sign.
An initiative launched by USL during the 2013 season, it’s now extremely common for players around the country to get a look on amateur deals before signing with either an MLS team, directly with the USL team or heading off to college.
That pathway provides an interesting option or promising young players to be tested in the professional ranks before either leaving to play for college or signing a contract and turning pro.
There’s a plethora of players that have either signed academy agreements and will be eligible, or could be expected to see minutes at some points of the USL Championship season. Here are 20 players that could feature.
- Recruiting Roundup: June 13-19
- TDS announces the TDS Winter Showcase
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- Soccer Masters TeamRank Update - Boys
- Boneau signs off with dream senior season
- Gatorade Player of Year: Alyssa Thompson
- YNT Regional ID - San Jose 03/04/05
- Commitments: Making an MVC move
- YNT Regional ID - San Jose 05/06
- Analyzing prospects in USL Championship
Club Rankings HQ
- 2021 IMG Academy 150
- 2022 IMG Academy 150
- 2023 IMG Academy 150
- 2024 IMG Academy 150
- Regional Rankings
- Position Rankings
- Soccer Masters TeamRank Top 25