2015 MLS Draft position rankings: GKs
Ahead of the 2015 MLS Draft, TopDrawerSoccer.com will take a position-by-position look at some of the top players available.
First up, are the men between the posts. The life of a goalkeeper isn’t an easy one, and a transition from college to MLS can be fraught with challenges -- playing time being the most difficult for some netminders to come by.
Regardless, pro prospects continue to develop in goal, and the senior crop of ‘keepers available is perhaps the strongest and deepest position in this draft.
1. Alex Bono, Syracuse
Height: 6-3 | Weight: 195 lbs. | Career Stats: 59 games, 5,417 minutes, 201 saves, 30 shutouts
The top goalkeeper available in the draft and a recent Generation adidas signing, Bono’s stock probably couldn’t be higher at the moment after getting called up into the full men’s national team’s January camp. An athletic blend of speed and size, he’s a likely MLS starter in the not too distant future with a good head on his shoulders. Gave Zackary Steffen a run for his money as the most promising and talented goalkeeper in the college ranks last fall.
- SIMA Recruiting Roundup: May 16-22
- Tracking Division I coaching changes
- How Do I Get Scouted by TopDrawerSoccer?
- MLS Next Flex: U16, U19 teams finish
- Men's DI Internationals to Watch in 2022
- Girls club standouts: May 14-15
- MLS Next: U15s, U17s take center stage
- Final 2022 Boys IMG Academy Player Rankings
- Nemzer wants to build Maryland dynasty
- MLS Next Flex: Massive Day 2
College Rankings HQ
- DI Top 25
- DI Top 25 Composite
- Upperclassman Top 100
- Freshman Top 100
- Conference Top 20s